Severe weather can occur with little or no advance warning. Before disaster strikes, assemble and maintain a 3-day emergency supply kit that meets the needs of your family members and pets.
Basic supplies include:
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Non-perishable food
- Manual can opener
- First aid kit
- Personal hygiene items
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Battery-operated radio or NOAA Weather Radio
- Cell phone charger or charging station
- Multi-purpose tool
- Copies of important documents (identification, family or emergency contact information, insurance policies, medical and banking information)
- Extra cash
Store your supplies in tightly sealed bags or containers and keep your kit in an easily accessible location. Make sure your family members know where it is in case you have to evacuate quickly.
For more information, visit https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit.